Project submitted by
The goal of this project is to showcase the integrated features of smart IoT devices, sensors, and actuators with a cloud-based analytic engine that creates a solution for living better lives in a smarter world.
The solution should provide non-technical end-users with an exciting new service for everyday use and must demonstrate the usefulness of cloud platforms. End-users might interact with the solution via a special mobile app.
- Intelligent Weather Station: Air pressure, inside / outside temperature, and humidity are frequently measured and retained to:
- Generate weather forecasts and reports
- Trigger alarm actions
- Control the indoor temperature by acting on shutters, etc.
- Trigger watering devices
- Home surveillance: Photo-interrupters, sound detectors, temperature sensors … steadily monitor your living environment when you are at work or on holiday to:
- Warn you about intruders
- Send you images from a web cam
- Trigger an alarm siren
- Traffic forecast: Based on regular traffic measures, recommendations for the best route to a given destination are calculated and delivered to the user.
- Financial recommendations: Stock-exchange prices are regularly polled and recommendations for sales / purchases are given.
- Intel framework
- Intel Edison Boards: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/edison/sb/edison_pb_331179002.pdf
- Intel Edison Compute Module resources: https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/edison
- Developer Kits for the Intel® Edison Module: https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/edison/dev-kit
- Cloud infrastructure
- Open IoT Connector hosted by 1&1 which connects devices to the cloud. Free access will be provided to the participants.
- 1&1 Analytic Cloud Environment with MQTT broker and Node.js. Free system instances will be provided to the participants.
Related Product or API
1&1 Cloud Server, 1&1 Analytic Cloud, IoT Intel developer Kit based on an Edison Board and Edison Sensor Kit
Keywords / Technologies
1&1, Intel, Cloud, IoT, Event Stream Processing, Smart City, Cloud Analytics, Intel Edison, REST, MQTT, Node.js